Money360*

A look at MONEY from all angles.

11 September, 2006

Chasing Returns: Really Needed?

I was just reading a post over at Daniel's blog MyMoneyPath that got me to thinking that why do we chase returns and is it really necessary? I guess this is really human nature to be the best or try to get the best deal (at least for PF types). I will be the first to admit I do it too. Thats why I now have more accounts all over the place and am thinking about opening up even more (see last post). Even though this is exciting as I obsess about finances all the time, I think this is a very short term outlook on money management. People often chase returns (sometimes at any cost) that they forget their goals. That is why I think its necessary to have long term goals explicitly written down. Again, I have goals but havent formalized them. It helps to gain a clear perspective which inturn will give you an idea of what you need to do. This will help with writing down a plan on how to achieving the goals that have been set. I will have to follow my own advice and put into posts my goals and plans on achieving them. I think you should too.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Ms. MiniDucky said…

    I think I tend to do it more when I'm bored with sitting around and waiting for returns to accumulate ....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home